In recent times, governments are facing a growing number of major challenges:
- Disasters happen more often, and with a bigger impact
- Globalization puts businesses and governments under pressure
- Natural resources are more and more constrained in the face of a growing world population
- Massive urbanization stresses cities and leaves rural areas underserved
- Digitally experienced citizens demand the service level and customer experience they know from shopping, banking, and social media
At the same time, digitization and the underpinning breakthrough technology innovations offer immense opportunities worldwide to deliver better outcomes:
- Social media mobilizes people all over the world
- Sensors help optimize waste removal, parking space, and street lighting
- Cloud and Internet are becoming essential for innovations like personalized care, optimized traffic flow, autonomous cars, and agile disaster management
- Networks run on smart technology and help make businesses, students, job-seekers, and service providers more effective
- In-memory computing is able to translate massive data to insightful information, literally at your fingertips
Digitization is the foundation for a frictionless government. Running frictionless is when you deliver services based on real insights, not statistical trends. It’s when you can interact with no channel constraints; when technology works for you, instead of the other way around; and when government always puts its customers first, rather than forcing them into the maze of government bureaucracy.
Download Frictionless Government to discover how governments around the world have successfully digitized different operations and how you can design your own digital transformation agenda.